Tuesday, June 22, 2010

May 15, 2010


I love duck. If duck is offered on a prix-fixe, it will most likely be what I choose to order. Something about the flavor of the meat, the crispy fatty skin and sweet glaze that makes it melt in your mouth.

So when I went to my 2nd cousin's wedding back in May, I of course had to order the duck.



Everything except the frutti di mare was delectable. I actually didn't even have a bite of the seafood salad because the waiters were really rude and took away our plates really fast without asking us.

Luckily I had tons to eat at the marvelous cocktail hour beforehand. Seriously, what a display! I think the only thing missing was a caviar bar (which I will undoubtedly have at my own wedding someday). There was a whole roast pig, an extravagant antipasta display, pasta station, beef, chicken, seafood, salads, the works.

All in all a great day spent with family I hadn't seen in 6-10 years, and yummy food.

No comments: