Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sick Day

Happy New Year, Everyone!!

Alas, I am sick in bed with a fever and chills. Last night, I made myself a bowl of chicken broth, somen noodles, scallions and the wontons my grandparents made me. It definitely hit the spot:




and check out the new bowl I got from CB2!! Stephen got it for me as part of my Christmas present/"I'm sorry for breaking your favorite plate, here's another one"-gift (Urban Outfitters unfortunately no longer makes the plate I loved so dearly). He also got me a matching dinner and dessert plate which I'll post another time when I cook something up. Thanks again, Steph!

Today, after I woke up with a high fever (it went to 102.6°F 103.4°F at one point), I called my mom telling her I was sick and being the very loving and generous mother she is, came over from Queens in the disgusting rain to bring me medicine, food and orange juice, among a microplane and chill mat for my laptop. Christmas all over again!

Unfortunately I napped most of the day and couldn't stand up long enough to make anything. Luckily she got me baked Cha Siu Baaus (roast pork buns) and a baguette to munch on, but I did manage to make another bowl of soup with the bok choy and ho fun noodles she brought me. I only added a little hoisin sauce for the wontons, aince I can't eat anything too salty or flavorful

No comments: