Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Macaroni & Cheese... Part 2

recovered from February 2, 2009 @ 9:00pm

Superbowl Sunday = the New Thanksgiving

If Paula Deen, bless her, can eat a stick of butter a day and still live to talk about it, then I don't see why I can't deep-fry my mac & cheese wrapped with bacon... which is precisely what I did. In fact, it was her idea.

First, some photos.




Monterrey Jack, Cheddar, Parmesan and Gruyere

Pouring milk

a roux of butter and flour

whisking in milk
[missing photo of stirring in grated cheese into roux]

elbow macaroni, super al dente

cheesey roux-y macaroni goodness

in the casserole dish, topped with more grated cheese

baked to crispy perfection

the perfect bite

ummm wrapped in bacon and fried.


I am a little embarrassed about it, but only a little because I know some of you out there are envying me. It's really a miracle, especially after this past weekend, that I still fit into my jeans. Not gonna lie though, I have a bit of a tummy now, but it was totally worth it.

Right before my last bite, I felt my heart stop. I'm now eating celery as a small peace offering to my body.

No comments: