Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home Cooked Meals

ok ok, little update is in order since there has been very good cooking going on lately!

-I've gotten into the habit of making my meals (specifically to bring into work for lunch) ahead of time to save money. Last Monday I made the amazing stuffed peppers first discovered by my mom and Ronna last year in Virginia... kind of by accident, but has been a favorite ever since. Healthy and filling. Pictures to follow perhaps in the next post.

-This past Thursday, Marc invited me over for a home-cooked meal. Couldn't say no to that ;)
He marinated chicken in this amazing creamy green colored mixture of olive oil, oregano, jalapeno, garlic and or onion (?), lime (?), salt, pepper and probably something else. It definitely had a kick to it. I'll need to get the recipe from him.
We ate it with rice, broccoli rabe and corn. Delicious.

-On Valentine's Day, Marc came over and we picked up some things at Fairway. Last year, I made braised short ribs and truffled risotto, which took forever, and it still could've used an extra hour but I don't even think the person I made it for cared or even remembers so whatever. This time I wanted to make something hearty but quick and easy-ish... hanger steak with chimichurri sauce. We also got potatoes, broccoli and a baguette. Since dinner plans were so last minute, I ended up planning the dishes poorly, timing-wise. However, we still sat down to a proper meal at a very reasonable hour. Everything tasted fine to me, and my date didn't complain... at least not audibly.

-Yesterday, I made enough lasagna to feed a family of 8, but it's ALL FOR ME!!

-I am stuffed. I need a break from from you, food; it's not you, it's me.

No comments: