Monday, April 26, 2010

Cel-Ray

After 25 years and a handful of weeks of living, I was offered my first can of Dr Brown's Cel-Ray soda.

Actually, I had never even heard of celery-flavored soda up until this past Easter. Tom and I had gone to his dad's girlfriend, Louise's lovely brownstone in Park Slope for dinner. Apparently this pop is big in the Jewish delicatessens in New York City (been around for a long long time) and parts of Florida (??). And whattayaknow, it tasted like carbonated celery.


Photo by flickr user yvespaul

Luckily I like celery, but would I drink a whole can again? Maybe if you gave me a Katz's Pastrami sandwich too. Just sayin'.

Oh and Easter dinner was pretty delicious. 2 different kinds of salads; Manicotti, ravioli and meatballs from Lenny's, a yummy spiral ham which I had the honor of doling out to everyone, and lots of desserts. I rolled out of there feeling just right.

No comments: