Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hundred Acres

Come here if you like pretty-looking restaurants (and places that serve free-range beef from the fingerlake region).
Do not come here if you expect good food.

Tom and I ate there Friday night and while everything on the menu sounded good, the lasagnette tasted weird and fell apart easily (it is not meant to be shared), his fish and chips were more chips than fish (Stick with Chip Shop!), and my $17 "Pasture-fed" burger was dry and tasted a little charred. The Vermont Cheddar did nothing for it! It seems to me that the chefs here know how small the portions are/bad the main course is and tries to offer an olive branch of a plateful of French Fries. We did actually like the french fries a lot, but how hard is it to fry potatoes?
Memo to self: stick with Shake Shack/Paul's/Fanelli's/Dumont/Stand/Blue 9, or really a hundred other places not Hundred Acres.

I know what you're asking, why did I order a $17 burger in the first place? 1) I like burgers. And honestly, if a restaurant can't get a burger right, I'm glad I didn't order any of the more expensive items on the menu.
Update: I saw this burger as one of the 82 Most Notable Burgers in NYC... suspect.

Also, we had a creeper as a waiter. I don't mean creepy (he was actually very nice), I mean, he snuck up behind Tom without him knowing until he started talking. As Tom said, he needs to carry a box of tic-tacs around (a la Seinfeld).

No comments: