Friday, October 17, 2008

French Emmental

(Aunt Kathy, look away now)

I am lucky enough to live in-between Fairway Market, Westside Market, Citarella AND Zabar's. Seriously, they are all a 1-5 minute walk away. There is also a Whole Foods nearby.

Ergo, there is always a great cheese waiting to be discovered. Yesterday, I bought a block of French Emmental because I wanted to make a Quiche that called for a Swiss or Gruyere. I was going to get the usual Cave-Aged Swiss Gruyere from Fairway that is super delicious, but then I saw this little guy and thought I needed to branch out and try new things.

Totally worth it.


these two slices of Emmental and a slice of Wisconsin Extra Sharp Cheddar were my breakfast this morning.
kinda beats my staple slim fast shake


And no, I did not make the Quiche... yet.

No comments: