Thursday, October 23, 2008

Get 'Em While It's Hot and I'm Single!

I made a dozen more mini apple pies and brought them into the office. They were a huge hit!
I was going to swear off baking because several times I've baked goodies, my "significant other" and I broke up soon after. Coincidence? Perhaps. But I'm unattached, so baked goods for everyone!

Also made this little guy with the dough leftover for myself. but the fruit flies got to it that night :(

Oh well, for the best.
****
So for dinner tonight, I made my own version of my favorite dish at Saint's Alp Teahouse. Jaclyn and I order this every single time we go (and it's been many). However, she has been studying in Dublin this semester so I decided to try to recreate it at home. I made it, and realized I forgot the most important and delicious part. the "Braised Succulent Pork Chop". Oh well. I will leave it to the experts.

Here's my version:

-brown rice
-minced pork
-red pepper
-jalapeno
-onion
-egg

-hot sauce (Sriracha)
-hoisin sauce

No comments: