Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Years Eve Feast

Phil had a fabulous dinner party for 20-30 people in his new fabulous apartment.

SO MUCH FOOD!

But really, am I surprised? He loves good food as much as the next, except he bumps it up a few notches. Here was the menu he had sent to me prior to the party:

Appetizers/hors d'oeuvres:
Plums with Bacon
Brushcetta
Crackers with: cheese / cucumber and dill /
Olives
Guacamole and Chips and Salsa
Baked Brie with shishito peppers (Lela and Brad will bring all ingredients)
....
Ben/Kristina bringing (already bought groceries):
- shrimp cocktail
- feta mushroom puff pastries
- deviled eggs
- artichokes
- prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- blue cheese stuffed olives

Mains:
Veg Lasagna
Beef Tenderloin
side of Rosemary Potatoes
side of Green Beans
side of butter carrots
side of Broc w/ cheese
big Salad

Desert:
Saelas Crepe Cake
Vanilla Ice Cream?

Yeah. It was quite the spread. Personally, my favorite dish that surprised me? Plums and Bacon. So simple, yet so delicious! and the beef tenderloin, which was cared for by Caleb, the male version of Paula Deen, was perfect.








1. Caleb tending to the beef, Mike cutting into the veggie lasagna
2. Gorgeous food on a gorgeous kitchen counter top.
3. Caleb and the beef
4. Bacon and Plums
5. Spinach dip and guacamole (my two favorite dips ever)
6. No caption necessary. but my mouth is watering; i want this for my birthday.

Everything was amazing. I wish I hadn't gotten sick during the evening so I could've had more food, but what I did have was amazing. Also Saela's crepe cake was magnifique.

No comments: