Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Spot

After Halloween, a lot of people stumble out of their houses/apts to cure their hangover. Since I don't really drink, I stumble out to get brunch, plain and simple.

This past Halloween, Tom, his roommate Jason and I went to a place a few blocks from their apt. The Spot American Bistro is a corner joint that has outdoor seating. Since it was a mild autumn day and inside was packed, we sat outside, bundled up.

I was not going to partake in their all-you-can-drink deal (jason did) but I did get eggs benedict. my favorite.


Not bad.

My only complaint, which isn't really a complaint, is that the waitresses were sooooooo perky for a Sunday morning. I also didn't like the fact they kept trying to convince Tom to drink. But one of them warmed up to me when we realized we share the same birthday and commiserated over the fact that people never go out for your birthday since they're out already drunk from st patrick's day.

No comments: