Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birthday Dessert Surprises

I am SO spoiled
I was treated to various desserts upon turning 24 years old; the first from Saela on my actual birthday:
A month or two ago, we had discussed French Macarons (not to be confused with the chocolate covered coconut macaroon), debating where the best place to get them was. She surprised me with a box of six varied macarons (pistachio, caramel fudge, passion fruit, cassis coconut, strawberry and something else i can't remember) from Madeleine's on my birthday and I relished in them with pure delight. They are light, but chewy and just one of the most perfect little desserts on Earth. Plus they package their pastries in a really cute box.

My second surprise came from Tom. He found a place called Financier and got me two different mini chocolate cakes; a chocolate caramel mousse and a chocolate fudge-like cake with hazelnut creme (?) in the center (pictured). The latter was so smooth. Unlike regular cake, I savored each bite making sure nothing was left on the fork. I wanted to save this to share, but it was impossible to not eat the entire dessert.

This gift was threefold... it was an apology for "forgetting" my birthday, but a birthday gift nonetheless, and it was also a nice pick-me-up at 1am... which is when I was stuck in the edit room working.

I love my friends.




I call the stack of macarons a "big mac"... har har

No comments: