Friday, March 27, 2009

Katz's Deli

Living in New York City your whole life, people might expect you to be well-seasoned in various things including the subway system, best places for shopping/food/nightlife and assume you've visited various landmarks in the city.

While I can give subway directions and tell you where to shop, there are still a few places I have yet to visit in NYC (that I really want to)... The Statue of Liberty, The Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum, Nobu, and Katz's Delicatessen.


Three weeks ago, I finally stepped foot inside Katz's Deli- you know, where the famous scene in When Harry Met Sally was filmed? I met up with Stephen and his friends, Dorian, Travis and Pinbo. However, I had just come from dinner and couldn't dream of ordering something off their menu, as delicious, albeit intimidating, as it all looked. I actually arrived just as the guys were finishing their meals, but Stephen and Dorian decided to split another. Impressive to say the least. It was also a feat because this was one of the first times Steph decided to eat meat again. He had been a vegetarian for awhile now and I've always secretly wanted to convert him back to being a carnivore omnivore.

But I still have yet to sink my teeth into a $15 6" tall sandwich and sample their pickles... so if you want to take me out, I will be MORE than happy to join you :)


top photo: Dorian showing the goods. bottom photo: Stephen takes a bite out of his half of the Reuben(?) sandwich

No comments: