Friday, March 13, 2009

Warm Brie and Honey

L'oeuf! It's bean a long thyme since I've posted.

Incredibly CORN-y, I know, but in all seriousness... I've just been super busy lazy.

But as the economy keeps plummeting, I will keep finding ways to keep things cheap- even if that means eating spaghetti for a couple of days in a row (which is what I made this past week).

Yesterday I went on a little cheese shopping spree at Zabar's. They have some pretty good deals if you have the patience or smarts to shop there during low-peak-but-crammed-with-little-old-ladies-and-i-mean-OLD-ladies hours.

My newest addiction? Warm brie and Honey Sandwich. Take a baguette, drizzle honey on the insides, pop it in the toaster oven, cut 1/4" slices of brie (I bought a wedge for .99!) and place on one side of the baguette slices. Leave in there til the brie gets to a gooey consistency, and voila, easy peasy sandwich that is fancy, but cheap.

I also got a large container of Feta on sale, so I'll probably be making those stuffed peppers I love or Greek salads next week. Stay tuned.

No comments: